Meet Andy May
Andrew (Andy) May, is Founder and President of ADRMortgage.com.
With over 25 years of experience in the finance industry, Andy has created, originated, and managed organizations that funded hundreds of billions of dollars in mortgages over his career. He has operated every aspect of the mortgage business and his experience includes pricing, underwriting, processing, and loan origination. He has managed products for companies that have over 25,000 employees, as well as managing smaller companies.
In 1999, Andy received the first mortgage insurance patent in U.S. history. He is a Master Certified Mortgage Banker was awarded UNC Chapel Hill's Advanced Management Program Certificate. Andrew earned his MBA in Finance from Duke University.
Andy was born and raised in upstate New York. After graduating UMASS, Amherst with honors, Andy came to the Triangle in 1985 to attend Duke University's business school.
Andy is also heavily involved with his community and supports the following organizations:
- Duke University's Fuqua School of Business (Past Board of Directors member, past alumni Council Chair) 2005-2011.
- UNC Chapel Hill Parent's Council Co-Chair and member (2014-present).
- The Jimmy V Foundation - Supporter
- The Red Sword Guild - Supporter
- Raleigh Roundup - Supporter
- Harry H. Montgomery Foundation - Supporter
- Habitat for Humanity - Worker, Supporter
- North Hills Tennis Club Women's Tennis Tournament - Club Sponsorship and BOD member.
- North Ridge Golf Club - Sponsorship of events
- Downtown Greensboro Inc (past Board Chairman and Director)
- Downtown Greensboro's Park (past Board Chairman and sponsor)
- Greensboro Children's Museum - sponsor
- Alliance of AIDS Services of Carolina, BOD and Treasurer.
- Contemporary Art Museum of Raleigh NC BOD
- Many other charitable causes.
Andrew Walter May
Andrew Walter May